|Business School / Provider
|Charles Darwin University (Faculty of Business and Law)
|March, May, September
Charles Darwin University Online MBA Overview
This CDU online MBA is designed to complement your current business qualifications and further develop the key attributes and skills needed to move into senior and middle management positions in the areas of commerce, industry and the public sector.
Key areas you will focus on include:
- accounting for managers
- business research
- decision making
- communication, negotiation and conflict resolution
- economics for managers
- organisational behaviour
- organisational strategy and leadership
- fundamentals of management.
This flexible course encourages you to customise your coursework around your particular area or areas of interest in business.
The course consists of a total of twelve units or 120 credit points comprising eight core units (80cp) plus four units (40cp) from elective units. The core units focus on the skills required to strategically manage at middle and upper levels of management
- Successful completion of a recognised Bachelor degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in a business or related field;
- Successful completion of a recognised non business award (Bachelor degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma) aimed at providing the student with professional skills that include a systematic exposure to disciplines such as industrial relations, human resource management, project management, financial management, marketing, economics, e-commerce or strategic management plus a minimum of 6 months employment experience;
- Successful completion of a recognised Bachelor degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in an unrelated field plus a minimum of two years full-time employment experience in a managerial role.
Applicants may be asked to provide further documentation detailing their employment experience and outlining managerial roles and achievements.
Applicants with no undergraduate or post graduate qualifications should apply for entry into the Graduate Certificate of Global Marketing (1GC525) or the Graduate Certificate of Human Resource Management (1GC527) or the Graduate Certificate of Strategic Management (1GC531).
- All applicants are required to demonstrate the minimum English language proficiency requirements for their chosen course of study. These entry requirements will normally be met by undertaking previous education in an English speaking country or obtaining a minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score.
- Where applicable, international applicants must also satisfy the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) English language proficiency (ELP) requirements for student visa applications.