|Business School / Provider
|Flinders University (College of Business, Government & Law)
Flinders University MBA Online Course Overview
The Master of Business Administration (online pathway) is a 54-unit program which is part of the Graduate Program in Business Administration offered by the College of Business, Government and Law. It is available in a fully online study mode and is provided in an accelerated format which may be completed in a minimum of eleven months full-time.
The Master of Business Administration, articulates with the 18-unit Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and the 36-unit Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. The sequentially developed topics allow progression through the three awards.
What Flinders University Says
Students may tailor their own program in the Online Master of Business Administration to meet their own needs or elect to complete a specialised program of study. This degree offers the business acumen required by graduates of all disciplines, and specialised knowledge to enhance career opportunities in specific fields, particularly for those entering such organisations or progressing their profession in management or consulting positions.
Graduates of the Online MBA will be able to:
- Explain the role of and apply economics, accounting, financial management, human resource management and marketing knowledge and skills in decision making and management of organisations.
- Recognise the potential impact of local and global economic conditions and events, with emphasis on the Asia Pacific region, on the operations and strategic management of organisations.
- Apply sound financial management techniques and analytical skills to the operations and strategic management of their organisation.
- Apply contemporary strategic management practices compatible with organisational sustainability, ethical behaviour and effective workforce relations.
- Describe a range of research methods useful in the conduct of industry and organisation based projects, and discuss their benefits and limitations.
- Work both individually and in groups to conduct business research and critically evaluate the findings to solve business related problems.
- Present theoretical concepts and complex ideas in both written and verbal formats that are appropriate for a range of stakeholders audiences.
- Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution, with at least 3 years post-degree work experience, and take part in an interview;
- have completed the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at Flinders University (having met the current entry requirements of that qualification).
The Dean (Education) may, under certain circumstances and subject to specific conditions, admit others who can show evidence of fitness for candidature.