|Business School / Provider
|Swinburne Online (Swinburne Business School)
|March, July, November
Swinburne University Online MBA Overview
The AACSB-accredited Swinburne University Online MBA can be completed in as little as 16 months and runs across three teaching periods a year, starting in March, July and November.
A degree with Swinburne Online provides you with an internationally recognised qualification and the opportunity to join a dynamic online community of more than 10,000 students, as well as a larger community of more than 50,000 students across our Melbourne and overseas campuses.
For more than a century, Swinburne has been known for its commitment to not only provide, but also transform education through strong industry engagement, social inclusion and a desire to innovate.
World academic rankings position Swinburne in the top three per cent of universities worldwide. This ranking recognises a commitment to high quality teaching and research, an ability to produce work-ready graduates and our strong partnerships, which improve employment outcomes for our graduates. Swinburne staff and researchers have extensive industry experience – ensuring our course content is relevant, timely and equipped to prepare you for the real world.
Swinburne Online uses innovative technologies to provide interactive course materials and highly focused student support. The key features of Swinburne Online’s learning environment includes
- eLearning Advisor: Learning happens in small study groups led by industry experienced tutors, known as eLearning Advisors (eLAs). They can help you with unit specific questions, research and assessments tasks, your learning materials and other academic queries.
- Student Coaches: When it comes to managing your time and staying motivated, Student Coaches are a great resource. They can help you set realistic goals, overcome procrastination and stay overall motivated.
- Student Advisors: For any more generic questions about studying online, Student Advisors are just a call away. They can help you with your enrolment, any exam or course planning queries and can give you technical support for your online classroom.
Swinburne Online MBA Course Structure
The Swinburne Online MBA is an extension of the four-subject Graduate Certificate of Business,
In addition to the four core subjects from the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration, you will delve into specialised areas of study in subjects including ‘Corporate Financial Management’ and ‘Strategic HRM in the Business Context’. You will continue to develop a solid grounding in leadership skills as well in subjects such as ‘Leadership for Innovation’ and ‘Managerial Analysis and Problem Solving’. Throughout your course you will complete a total of 12 units to attain your Master of Business Administration. The full subject list includes:
- Behaviour in Organisations
- Marketing Management
- Accounting Systems and Reporting
- Opportunity Discovery
- Corporations and Contract Law
- Leadership for Innovation
- Strategic HRM in the Business Context
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Financial Management
- Managerial Analysis and Problem Solving
- International Trade and Investment
You can gain entry into the Master of Business Administration in the following ways:
- A recognised bachelor degree in a related discipline OR
- A recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience OR
- A Graduate Certificate of Business Administration.
For more information visit the course website.